Closing date 31 August 2024
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
(Failure to comply with the following conditions will result in disqualification without refund).
The Award is for a poem or group of poems up to 60 lines.
- Entrants must be permanent residents of Australia.
- Submitted entries must not have previously been published, nor be under consideration for publication. Entries may have been entered in other competitions but not won a monetary prize. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged.
- Multiple entries are permitted, a separate Entry Form must be submitted with each entry.
- Entry Fee is $15.00 per entry.
- The closing date is 6pm Saturday 31st August 2024.
- Entries are to be submitted and paid for online, using a secure credit card payment system via the form available here. The entry document can be attached before submitting (Word format only please).
- For those unable to use the online form, a separate form will be forwarded by email from
- The author’s identity must appear on the Entry Form ONLY. The author’s name must NOT appear on the entry document.
- The results, and the judge’s report, will be emailed to all contestants after 31st October 2024.
- The author retains copyright to all work submitted, although prize-winning entries must be available for publication in the Fellowship’s bulletin Writers Voice and on the FAW NSW website. Unsuccessful entries will not be returned.
- Entries must be original, creative and inspiring works which present to the audience an engaging work of literary excellence.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will be no individual appraisals.
- FAW NSW reserves the right not to award any prizes if, in the judge’s estimation, no entries of sufficient merit are received.
- Normal Competition Conditions apply.