For writers unable to attend meetings because of distance or disability, there is the Isolated Writers’ Branch (conducted by correspondence and electronically), which provides support, advice, assistance and a chance to contact and commune with fellow writers.
The FAW NSW State Office is proactive in reaching out across the state of New South Wales, Australia and indeed overseas to assist writers in many ways.
If you, as an Isolated Writer or a Branch would like some information, assistance or a visit from your State Council, please use our Contact form to contact one of the FAW NSW Committee members.
Inexperienced and emerging writers are offered free mentoring by more experienced writers.
- Isolated Writers: $46.00 pa
- Under 21/Youth Rate: $23.00 pa
- Overseas Members: $51.00 pa
‘ORANA’, Villa 4,
2 Gordon Street
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
At the same time, please advise the Membership Registrar that you have paid. This will ensure that you are included on the mailing list to receive Writers Voice.
Electronic Round Robin (ERR):
- 1 short story, maximum 5,000 words, or
- 2 short stories, total maximum 5,000 words, or
- 1 article of similar length, or
- 3 poems (or 1 poem, maximum about 80 lines), or
- 1 chapter of a book in progress (of reasonable length).
ERR Closing Dates
Members’ Achievements for publication
Send a brief text summary to the Writers Voice Editor or post typed copy to:
The Editor, Writers Voice
28/100 Government Road
Wyee Point NSW 2259
Copy deadlines for quarterly issues of Writers Voice are 15 February, 15 May, 15 August and 15 November.