CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Before submitting your entry, please make payment as detailed below and take note of your receipt number as it will be required to complete the entry form.
(Failure to comply with the following conditions will result in disqualification without refund).
- The Award is for a poem or group of poems up to 60 lines.
- Entrants must be permanent residents of Australia.
- Poems submitted must not have previously been published, nor be under consideration for publication, although may have been entered in other competitions but not won a monetary prize. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged.
- Entry Fee is $10.00 per entry.
- The closing date is Monday 31st August 2020.
- Entries are to be submitted via the ONLINE ENTRY FORM which must contain the Direct Deposit receipt number for payment of the $10 entry fee, and have the entry manuscript attached in word format.
- Multiple entries are permitted and a separate Entry Form must be submitted with each entry.
- Payment should be made electronically to our NAB account:
BSB: 082 574 Account Number: 177603608
Account Name: Fellowship of Australian Writers.
Please include the words “Jean Stone Award” in the message line. Should a contestant not be able to pay electronically then a cheque should be made payable to ‘Fellowship Aust. Writers’. Please DO NOT post cash.Cheques should be sent to the address below.
- For those unable to use the online form, a separate form will be forwarded by email upon request to <>
- Multiple entries are permitted, using a separate Online Entry Form for each entry.
- The author’s identity must appear on the Entry Form and Cover Sheet ONLY. The author’s name must NOT appear on either the manuscript or Title Page.
- The author retains copyright to all work submitted, although prize-winning entries must be available for publication in the Fellowship’s bulletin Writers Voice and on the FAW NSW website.
- Entries must be original, creative and inspiring works which present to the audience an engaging work of literary excellence.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will be no individual appraisals.
- FAW NSW reserves the right not to award any prizes if, in the judge’s estimation, no entries of sufficient merit are received.
- Normal competition rules apply, see website for more details.
FIRST PRIZE: $500
The winner will be announced at the Annual FAW NSW Awards Luncheon to be held in Sydney in November.
UPDATE: Announcement of the winner and presentation of the prize normally occurs at the annual FAW Awards Lunch in November, however that event has been CANCELLED for this year due to COVID-19 restrictions on large gatherings. This year, the winner will be sent their prize cheque in the post, along with a certificate.
The winner’ name and the winning poem will be published in the Writers Voice and on the FAW Website <fawnsw.org.au>.
For any further information please contact the competition convenor, Cate Plink: