ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED
The NSW Dept of Communities and Justice and the Fellowship of Australian Writers NSW Inc (FAW) are again conducting a Short Story Competition. The Top 100 stories will be published in Seniors Stories Vol. 8 and launched in November 2022 – these stories showing senior years are worth sharing. Tap into your memories, ask family/friends for their anecdotes, or maybe you are witness to others who love living every day to its fullest — and create a short story for others to enjoy.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
- The competition is open to all New South Wales Seniors cardholders.
- Seniors Card Membership Number must be included on the entry form.
- Seniors Card Membership, competition entry and Workshops are FREE.
- The theme for this year is: ‘Celebrating Diversity.‘
- Story length max. 1,000 words (Poetry not accepted). Excess word count will be immediately disqualified (the story title is exempt from the word count).
- Multiple entries may be submitted but only one will be published. No entries will be accepted outside the stated competition dates and times; the link to submit your entry closing promptly 6pm, 21st May, 2022.
- The top 100 entries will be published in the Seniors Card anthology to be released in November 2022.
- The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries to be submitted online via the interactive Entry Form found on the FAW NSW website www.fawnsw.org.au available from 9.00am Saturday 9 April. Your story can be submitted along with the Entry Form.
- Due to the requirement of the printer, entries to be in digital form. (Help for non-computer users available on 0417 403 720 – leave your name and contact number).
- Entries must be a Word document, not a PDF or Jpeg. Please Note: Filename for your attached document should match the Story Title, which must NOT be the theme name.
- Entries sent in a format other than Word cannot be accepted.
- Entries should be typed in 12pt font, double spaced.
- AUTHOR NAME SHOULD ONLY APPEAR ON THE ENTRY FORM, NOT THE STORY.