The FAWNSW Marjorie Barnard Short Story Award
Gabrielle Leago for ‘The Dark Road Home’.
The FAWNSW Hilarie Lindsay Young Writers Short Story Competition for Australian School Children
Section 1: Senior Secondary (Years 10, 11 & 12)
Winner: Freya Cox for ‘Send me Home my Friends’
- Read the Section 1 winning story
Section 2: Junior Secondary (Years 7, 8 & 9)
Winner: Willow Ross for ‘Sydney Cove’
- Read the Section 2 winning story
Section 3: Senior Primary (Years 5 & 6)
Winner: Isaac Robinson for ‘Innocence’
- Read the Section 3 winning story
Section 4: Junior Primary (Year 4 & under)
Winner: Justin Kim for ‘Don’t and Me’.
- Read the Section 4 winning story
Also announced at the FAW Annual Awards Luncheon on Saturday 4 November 2017 were:
- Conferring of FAW Writing Fellow to Dr Barbara Angell
- FAW Distinguished Service Award to Jill Baggett of Mudgee Writers Branch.