Submissions close at noon, Monday 31st May 2021
The NSW Dept of Communities and Justice and FAW are again conducting a Short Story Competition. The Top 100 stories will be published in Seniors Stories Vol. 7 and launched in November 2021. Stories showing senior years are when age doesn’t matter and are worth sharing. Tap into your memories, ask family/friends for their anecdotes, or maybe you are witness to others wholove living every day to its fullest — and create a short story for others to enjoy.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition is open to all New South Wales Seniors Card holders.
- Seniors Card Membership Number must be included on the entry form.
- Seniors Card Membership and competition entry are FREE
- The theme for this year is ‘What’s age got to do with it?’
- Story length max. 1,000 words (Poetry not accepted) [excess word count will be disqualified — however the title is exempt.]
- Multiple entries may be submitted but only one will be published. None will be accepted outside the stated competition dates as the link will close.
- The top 100 entries will be published in the Seniors Card anthology to be released in November 2021.
- The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry Forms are available from the FAW website www.fawnsw.org.au from 1st April 2021. The forms are interactive, and the entry can be attached. They will be sent automatically to . Due to the requirement of the printer, entries to be in digital form. (Help for noncomputer users available on 0417 403 720 — leave your name and contact number).
- Entries must be a Word document, not a PDF or JPG.
- Entries sent in a format other than Word cannot be accepted.
- Entries should be typed in 12pt font, double spaced.
AUTHOR NAME SHOULD ONLY APPEAR ON THE ENTRY FORM… NOT THE STORY.