CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
(Failure to comply with the following conditions will result in disqualification without refund)
- The Award is for a poem or group of poems up to 60 lines.
- Entrants must be permanent residents of Australia.
- Submitted entries must not have previously been published, nor be under consideration for publication. Entries may have been entered in other competitions but not won a monetary prize. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged. ENTRY FORM
- Multiple entries are permitted, a separate Entry Form must be submitted with each entry.
- Entry Fee is $15.00 per entry.
- Payment should be made electronically to our NAB account:
BSB: 082 936 Account Number: 322 980 486
Account Name: Fellowship of Australian Writers.
Please include the words “Jean Stone Award” in the message line. Should a contestant not be able to pay electronically then a cheque should be made payable to ‘Fellowship Aust. Writers’. Please DO NOT post cash. Cheques should be sent to the address below.
- The closing date is 31st August 2022.
- Entries are to be submitted via the online form available on the FAW website at www.fawnsw.org.au
- For those unable to use the online form, a separate form will be forwarded by email from the
- The author’s identity must appear on the Entry Form ONLY. The author’s name must NOT appear on either the manuscript or the Title Page.
- The results, and the judge’s report, will be emailed to all contestants after 31st October 2022
- The author retains copyright to all work submitted, although prize-winning entries or a precis must be available for publication in the Fellowship’s bulletin Writers Voice and on the FAW NSW website. Unsuccessful entries will not be returned.
- Entries must be original, creative and inspiring works which present to the audience an engaging work of literary excellence.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will be no individual appraisals.
- FAW NSW reserves the right not to award any prizes if, in the judge’s estimation, no entries of sufficient merit are received.
- Normal competition rules apply.
Winners will be notified prior to 31st October 2022 and prizes direct debited to the winners.