for Australian School Students
Entries are sought in the following categories:
SECTION 1: Years 10, 11 & 12 (max lines 60) Prize $125
SECTION 2: Years 7, 8 & 9 (max lines 40) Prize $90
SECTION 3: Years 5 & 6 (max lines 40) Prize
SECTION 4: Year 4 & under (max lines 20) Prize $50
- Entrant’s name must appear on the entry form ONLY. The entry fee is $5.00 (please note that entries that do not include the fee will be disqualified)
- The student’s name should NOT appear on the entry poem. Entries should be made via the ONLINE ENTRY FORM which must contain the Direct Deposit receipt number for payment of the $5 entry fee, and have the entry document attached in word format.
- The details for Direct Deposit to our NAB account are:
BSB: 082 936 Account Number: 322 980 486
Account Name: Fellowship of Australian Writers.
- Please use the competitor’s name, and the competition as the payment details (eg. J Doe Hilarie Lindsay).
- Should an online submission not be available, students may request an entry form from . Email submissions must contain the entry, the entry form, and the Direct Deposit receipt number. Posted entries will be accepted and should be mailed to the address below and should be accompanied by the receipt for the online payment.
- Entries must be student’s own work, unpublished and not having won any competition at time of entry. Normal Competition Conditions apply. Closing date for the competition is 31st August 2022
- Winners will be notified prior to 31st October 2022
- Prizes will be direct debited to the winners and the certificates sent to the schools for presentation.
For any further information please contact the competition convenor:
Hilarie Lindsay Young Writers Competition
8/15–21 Gosford Avenue
The Entrance NSW 2261
Phone 0492 833 522