TERMS & CONDITIONS
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions will mean disqualification.
- The Award is for Short Stories up to 3000 words.
- Entrants must be permanent residents of Australia.
- Submitted entries must not have previously been published, nor be under consideration for publication. Entries may have been entered in other competitions but not won a monetary prize. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged.
- Multiple entries are permitted, a separate Entry Form must be submitted with each entry.
- Entries are to be submitted via the online form available on the FAW website at fawnsw.org.au
- Entry Fee is $15.00 per entry. Payment of the Entry Fee is to be made online from within the Entry Form.
- Entries must be in Word format or they will be disqualified.
- For those unable to use the online form, a copy will be forwarded upon request by email to and the submitted entry should be accompanied by a cheque made out to the Fellowship of Australian Writers, or a postal note.
- The closing date is 6pm Thursday 31st August 2023.
- The author’s identity must appear on the Entry Form ONLY. The author’s name must NOT appear on the manuscript.
- Only page number and title of the entry is to appear on the manuscript.
- The author retains copyright to all work submitted, although prize-winning entries or a precis must be available for publication in the Fellowship’s bulletin Writers Voice and on the FAW NSW website.
- Entries must be original, creative and inspiring works which present to the audience an engaging work of literary excellence.
- The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. There will be no individual appraisals.
- FAW NSW reserves the right not to award any prizes if, in the judge’s estimation, no entries of sufficient merit are received.
- Normal Competition Conditions apply.
THE WINNER and shortlisted entries will be notified via email after 31 October. Judges report and winner will be on the FAW website by mid November.
Prizes will be paid via Direct Credit into the winner’s bank account.