Short story up to 4,000 words
Closing Date extended to 31 October 2023.
(Failure to comply with the following conditions will result in disqualification without refund).
1. The Award is for Short Stories up to maximum 4,000 words in a rural setting.
2. Entrants must be permanent residents of Australia.
3. Submitted entries must not have previously been published, nor be under consideration for publication. Entries may have been entered in other competitions but not won a monetary prize. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged.
4. Multiple entries are permitted, a separate Entry Form must be submitted with each entry.
5. Entries are to be submitted via the online form available on the FAW website at www.fawnsw.org.au.
6. Entry Fee is $20.00 per entry. Payment of the Entry Fee is to be made online from within the Entry Form.
7. Entries must be in Word format or they will be disqualified.*
8. For those unable to use the online form, a copy of the Entry Form can be forwarded upon request by email to .
9. The closing date is 6pm Tuesday 31st October 2023.
10. The author’s identity must appear on the Entry Form ONLY. The author’s name must NOT appear on the manuscript.
11. Only page number and title of the entry is to appear on the manuscript.
12. The author retains copyright to all work submitted, although prize-winning entries must be available for publication in the Fellowship’s bulletin Writers Voice and on the FAW NSW website.
13. Entries must be original, creative and inspiring works which present to the audience an engaging work of literary excellence.
14. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. There will be no individual appraisals.