ENTRIES CLOSE 5.00pm (AEST) Tuesday 31 August 2021
TERMS and CONDITIONS
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions will mean disqualification.
- The Award is for Short Stories up to 3000 words.
- Entrants must be permanent residents of Australia.
- Submitted entries must not have previously been published, nor be under consideration for publication. Entries may have been entered in other competitions but not won a monetary prize. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged.
- Multiple entries are permitted, a separate Entry Form must be submitted with each entry.
- Entry Fee is $10.00 per entry.
- The closing date is 31st August 2021.
- Entries are to be submitted via the online form available here.
- The details for direct Deposit are as follows BSB: 082 574 Account Number: 177 603 608. Please use the competitor’s name, and the competition as the payment details (ie. J Doe Marjorie Barnard), and attach a copy of the receipt to the entry form.
- For those unable to use the online form, a separate form will be forwarded on request by email from and should be accompanied by a receipt for the direct deposit, a cheque made out to the Fellowship of Australian Writers, or a postal note.
- The author’s identity must appear on the Entry Form and Cover Sheet ONLY. The author’s name must NOT appear on either the manuscript or the Title Page.
- Only page number and title of the entry is to appear on each page of the manuscript.
- The results, and the judge’s report, will be emailed to all contestants after the Awards Luncheon in November.
- The author retains copyright to all work submitted, although prize-winning entries or a precis must be available for publication in the Fellowship’s bulletin Writers Voice and on the FAW NSW website. Unsuccessful entries will not be returned unless accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed envelope of appropriate size and postage.
- Entries must be original, creative and inspiring works which present to the audience an engaging work of literary excellence.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will be no individual appraisals.
- FAW NSW reserves the right not to award any prizes if, in the judge’s estimation, no entries of sufficient merit are received.