Short Story Competition For Australian School Children
ENTRIES CLOSE: 5.00pm (AEST) Tuesday 31 August 2021
Entries are sought in the following categories:
|SECTION 1: Years 10, 11 & 12||Up to 2500 words Prize $150|
|SECTION 2: Years 7, 8 & 9||Up to 2500 words Prize $125|
|SECTION 3: Years 5 & 6||Up to 1500 words Prize $100|
|SECTION 4: Year 4 & under||Up to 1500 words. Prize $50|
- The entry fee is $3.00 (please note that entries that do not include the fee will be disqualified).
- Entries should be typed on A4 paper, double spaced in 12pt font.
- The student’s name should NOT appear on the entry itself.
- Entries should be made via the online entry form found here.
- The details for direct Deposit are as follows BSB: 082 574 Account Number: 177 603 608. Please use the competitors’ name, and the competition as the payment details (ie. J Doe Hilarie Lindsay), and attach a copy of the receipt to the entry form.
- Should an online submission not be available students may request an entry form from . Email must contain the entry, the entry form, and the Direct Deposit receipt number. Posted entries will be accepted, and should be mailed to the address on the entry form, and be accompanied by a cheque or postal order made out to The Fellowship of Australian Writers NSW.
- Entries must be student’s own work, unpublished and not having won any competition at time of entry.
Winners will be announced at the FAW NSW Annual Presentation Luncheon in November. Should it not be possible to have a Luncheon again this year, then the certificates will be sent directly to the schools for presentation, and the prize money deposited in the school’s bank account via direct debit.
Results will be published in Writers Voice and on the FAW NSW website.
Enquiries to Cate Plink Phone 0492 833 522.