Closing date: 31 August 2019
The Award is $500 for Short Stories up to 3000 words.
Conditions of Entry
- Entrants must be permanent residents of Australia.
- Submitted entries must not have previously been published, nor be under consideration for publication. Entries may have been entered in other competitions but not won a monetary prize. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged.
- Multiple entries are permitted, a separate Entry Form must be submitted with each entry.
- Entry Fee is $10.00 per entry.
- Cheques should be made payable ‘Fellowship Aust. Writers’. Please DO NOT post cash.
- The closing date is 31 August 2019.
- Entries are to be submitted via the online form on this page where possible
- For those unable to use the online form, a separate form will be forwarded by email from the Competition Convenor ua.gr1556282479o.wsn1556282479waf@r1556282479onevn1556282479ocpmo1556282479c1556282479
- The author’s identity must appear on the Entry Form and Cover Sheet ONLY. The author’s name must NOT appear on either the manuscript or the Title Page.
- Only page number and title of the entry is to appear on each page of the manuscript.
- The results, and the judge’s report, will be emailed to all contestants after the FAW Annual Awards Luncheon in November.
- The author retains copyright to all work submitted, although prize-winning entries or a precis must be available for publication in the Fellowship’s bulletin “Writers Voice” and on the FAW NSW website. Unsuccessful entries will not be returned unless accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed envelope of appropriate size and postage.
- Entries must be original, creative and inspiring works which present to the audience an engaging work of literary excellence.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will be no individual appraisals.
- FAW NSW reserves the right not to award any prizes if, in the judge’s estimation, no entries of sufficient merit are received.
THE WINNER will be announced at the FAW Annual Luncheon to be held in Sydney in November.
All Enquires to:
FAW Marjorie Barnard Award,
C/- 8/15-19 Gosford Avenue,
The Entrance NSW 2261
For more information:
Phone 02 4308 9356 / Mobile 0458 375 256