Conducted by the Fellowship of Australian Writers NSW Inc.
Closing date 31 August 2017.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
(Failure to comply with the following conditions will result in disqualification without refund)
- The Award is for Short Stories up to 3000 words.
- Entrants must be permanent residents of Australia.
- Submitted entries must not have previously been published, nor be under consideration for publication. Entries may have been entered in other competitions but not won a monetary prize. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged.
- Multiple entries are permitted, a separate Entry Form must be submitted with each entry.
- Entry Fee is $10.00 per entry. Only one cheque/postal order/direct debit is required for multiple entries.
- Cheques should be made payable ‘Fellowship Aust. Writers’. Please DO NOT post cash.
- The closing date is 31st August 2017.
- Entries can be emailed (preferred method) to <ua.gr1500633975o.wsn1500633975waf@r1500633975onevn1500633975ocpmo1500633975c1500633975> or mailed to the address given below. Emailed entries to be either a PDF or a Word document. All entries must be accompanied by an Entry Form, and a Title Page. A cover sheet with the title, word count, and author’s details, may also be supplied.
- Hand-written text will be disqualified.
- The author’s identity must appear on the Entry Form and Cover Sheet ONLY. The author’s name must NOT appear on either the manuscript or the Title Page.
- Only page number and title of the entry is to appear on each page of the manuscript.
- The results, and the judge’s report, will be emailed to all contestants after the Awards Luncheon in November.
- The author retains copyright to all work submitted, although prize-winning entries or a precis must be available for publication in the Fellowship’s bulletin Writers Voice and on the FAW NSW website. Unsuccessful entries will not be returned unless accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed envelope of appropriate size and postage.
- Entries must be original, creative and inspiring works which present to the audience an engaging work of literary excellence.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will be no individual appraisals.
- FAW NSW reserves the right not to award any prizes if, in the judge’s estimation, no entries of sufficient merit are received.
- THE WINNER will be announced at the Annual Luncheon to be held in Sydney.
ENTRY FORMS can be downloaded here or by request to:
FAW Marjorie Barnard Award,
C/- 8/15–19 Gosford Avenue
THE ENTRANCE NSW 2261
For more information:
Phone 02 4308 9356/ Mobile 0458 375 256.